Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Things and stuff

#32




#47


I thought now would be a good time to do a little update on all the "once a..." items on my list. I'm technically working on many different things on my list simultaneously but because they are things I said I should do once a week I can't officially cross them off my list! This is a list-maker's worst nightmare. However, I hope that making myself do a lot of these things once a week (or once a month, or even daily) will help them become routine in my life. And I suppose the benefits that a routine shall bring will all be worth it.

Things:

*Using my very own coffee mug at work for coffee and tea (#32) (though I haven't been using a reusable water bottle...yet! This is because the one I have and was planning to use smelled a little funky. Do you know how hard it is to thoroughly clean a bottle with an opening that's only like 1/2 inch wide?? So yeah, once I get the proper cleaning tools I will be using a reusable bottle for water as well).



*Taking a multi-vitamin daily (#47) (okay, I missed a day, but all in all I've been doing very well!) And once I find where I stashed my bottle of calcium supplement I will be taking that as well!

*I checked my oil on Sunday (#99) (which I suppose is technically considered THIS week, but hey, I did it...and good thing I did, too, because that stupid $20 additive that the guy at EZ Lube convinced me to buy in an attempt to stop my oil from being used up so fast didn't work...boo!)

Stuff:

*I don't think I technically initiated a conversation with someone new (#72) though I had lots of them. Hmmm, that's something I'll have to work on. I hate being shy!

*I've been to the store a bunch of times but each time I forget to bring in my reusable bags (#33). I think I'm going to have make a little reminder to put on my steering wheel or somewhere else just as noticeable so I'll remember next time! I do reuse the plastic bags I get for doggie duty, but it's just not the same.


Stay tuned for more adventures, coming to a monitor near you!

1 comment:

alanis said...

Your idea of something on your steering wheel to reminder you to bring your bags has already been done- check out www.bagnesia.com
Their kit makes it easy to remember your reusable bags and their bags are really cool, too!